Audrey Kathleen Ruston or Audrey Hepburn was born on the 4th of May 1929 in Brussels, Belgium. She was a well-known British actress, model, dancer, fashion icon and humanitarian. Audrey was known for her roles in Gigi, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, My Fair Ladyand Funny Face. She was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of Unicef in the 1950s. Audrey was a female icon and is still idolized to this day. Her wisdom is shown in the following ten life lessons:
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with knowledge that you are never alone.” – She teaches us that beauty is more than skin deep, it ultimately comes from within.
- “The best things to hold on to in life is each other.” – Monetary items come and go, but our relationships with others and being able to help one another is the true meaning of life.
- “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible!’” – your success is only limited to how far you think you can go and how much work you are willing to put in.
- “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Be optimistic and happy. Don’t stop believing that things will get better and your fortunes could change tomorrow. Always see the positives in life and never let go of your child-like self.
- “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I love most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.” – Don’t forget to laugh and find the humour in difficult situations. It really is the best medicine!
- “Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people, it does it for me.” – Treat yourself and remember to look after yourself, before looking after others. Reward yourself for a job well done.
- “I may not always be offered work. But I will always have my family.” – Our careers shouldn’t define us and our worth. We have to value our families and the impact they have in our lives.
- “I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.” –Be open to giving and receiving love freely and effortlessly. Nurture and support others.
- “Paris is always a good idea.” – Travel and see the world if you can. If you can’t, start by stepping out of your comfort zone.
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy, it’s all that matters.” – You are in charge of your life. Do what makes you happy, no matter what others say. Live your life and be happy.
Audrey more than a style icon to me, she’s the epitome of elegance and an inspiration.
Which Audrey Hepburn movie is your favourite? Which life lesson is your favourite? Let me know by commenting below!
Love, Blessings and Happy New Year!
Connect with me on social media:
Or visit my Amazon Author Page and support me by buying a book. Feel free to drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!