In Psychology, happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being which can be defined by, among others, positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment or intense joy *From Wikipedia. Most of us have experienced a combination of happy and sad days or moments. It is more difficult to get back into a happy frame of mind when we are having a hard day. Unhappiness can be overwhelming and becoming happy again may feel like an impossible feat, but with work you can be happy again. I’ve been having those difficult days, with my father in hospital and living so far away from him and the tips I want to share with you helped me during this hard time.
Simple ways to be happier today:
- Acknowledge your feelings and allow yourself to feel sad and let the feelings out.
- Exercise, take a walk or get out of the house.
- Rest, take a nap or sleep earlier at night.
- Talk to someone you love.
- Take up a hobby or learn a new skill.
- Laugh and smile.
- Eat something that makes you happy.
- Do something that makes you happy.
- Take a long bath or shower.
- Pamper yourself.
- Read a good book.
- Enjoy a warm drink.
- Stay in with a warm blanket and watch your favourite TV show.
- Dance for no reason.
- Play your favourite happy songs.
- Let go of feelings of guilt and blame.
- Try to avoid comparing yourself to others.
- Pray or meditate.
- Set a short term goal and accomplish it.
- Enjoy a good breakfast.
- Slow down and enjoy the moment.
- Sing in the shower or anywhere else.
- Be silly.
- Reminisce on happy memories.
- Do something kind for someone else.
- Compliment others.
- Read positive quotes.
- Try something new.
- Recite happiness affirmations.
- Try the 7 Day Happiness Challenge.
Feel free to recite these affirmations daily or as often as you need them:
I’ve created this 7 Day Happiness Challenge and I’d love it if you would participate on your blog or at home.
What makes you happy? How do you get over those difficult days? Are you participating in the Happiness Challenge? Let me know by commenting below!
Love and Blessings,
Connect with me on social media:
Or visit my Amazon Author Page and support me by buying a book. Feel free to drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!