Being grateful is a choice we make every day. It feels good to be grateful and say ‘thank you’ for thinks like friends, family, food to eat, a safe place to live, a job and good health, but we may not verbalize or express it. Why should we be grateful at all?
The benefits of practicing gratitude:
- We are happier and healthier.
- We have a renewed appreciation for everyday things.
- More blessings are attracted to us.
- The world around us becomes more beautiful.
Rewiring ourselves to become more grateful and complain less can be hard work, but like most things it becomes easier with time.
Here are some ways we can express gratitude:
- Saying ‘thank you’, writing a thank you letter, email or text to someone who did something you appreciate.
- Treat people with kindness and do things for them ‘just because’.
- Give gifts and give back to your community.
- Bake something for someone to show your gratitude.
- Share your skills with others.
- Show people respect.
- Offer to help.
These are just a few examples and ideas of how you can express gratitude towards others, but how can we incorporate gratitude into our lives and change our attitude intrinsically?
- Recite gratitude affirmations.
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Pray, meditate or do yoga.
- Do gratitude exercises.
- Volunteer or help someone in need.
Do you practice gratitude? How do you express your gratitude to others? Do you keep a gratitude journal? How do you live a grateful life? Let me know by commenting below!
Love and Blessings,
Connect with me on social media:
Or visit my Amazon Author Page and support me by buying a book. Feel free to drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!