Search engines like Google will be the biggest contributor of traffic to your blog, so correct Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is crucial to a blog’s success. Using the correct keywords in the correct places can enhance your SEO and increase your traffic.
What is a keyword?
They are the words you enter at the bottom of your blog post in WordPress.
Is there a difference between keywords and tags?
No, there isn’t a difference.
Are categories and keywords the same?
No, categories are used to organize your post on your blog. Keywords help readers find your post on WordPress search or on search engines.
How can you use keywords to increase your SEO?
- Check out which keywords are most popular on Google Adwords, Google Trends and Wordtracker.
- Be strategic about your choice of keywords – choose keywords that are relevant to your topic. Choose keywords that will give you a high SEO ranking. Be specific when choosing a keyword. E.g. Baking vs. Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Use phrases with 2 or 3 words (as shown above)
- Use the keywords in your blog post title.
- Use keywords in your subtitle.
- Use keywords in your blog post – aim for a keyword or key phrase in the first 200 words of a post.
- Add your keyword in your links – e.g. Click here for more chocolate cake recipes.
- Always use your keywords when naming your images that you use on your blog as they add to your SEO and help when a potential reader is using Google Images to search for content.
- Avoid Keyword Stuffing – Sites are penalised for spamming their readers with keywords so use your keywords wisely.
Do you have any tips for choosing keywords? What are your favourite keywords to use? Was this post helpful? Let me know by commenting below!
Love and Blessings,
Feel free to follow me on social media:
Visit my Amazon Author Page and support me by buying a book or two or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.