My Gravatar profile is proudly displayed on the sidebar of my blog. It’s one of the first things I added when I started Lindsay Lovin’ Life, because I knew how important it is for you to get to know me. I added it by customising my blog and adding the Gravatar widget. Here’s a bit more about Gravatar and writing a good bio.
What is Gravatar?
A Globally Recognized Avatar.
What is an Avatar?
A picture that represents you online.
Why do bloggers need a Gravatar?
So other bloggers and readers can form a connection with you and identify you when you comment or like their blogs.
How to get a Gravatar:
- Go To Gravatar and enter a email address you want to use for your Gravatar account.
- Confirm you’re the owner of the email you entered by clicking the link inside the email sent to that address
- Create your account & upload an image of your face
- Add additional email addresses which you can use when you comment that will display the same Gravatar image
What image should you use?
Use a photograph of your face or blog logo if you want to remain anonymous.
Questions to ask yourself before writing a bio:
- Who are you?
- How do you want to present yourself to your reader?
- Which tone would you like to take? (Serious, personal, professional, funny or witty)
- Who is your intended audience?
- What’s the point of your blog?
- What are your goals?
- What do you have experience in?
- What is your occupation?
- What are your hobbies/interests?
Bio writing tips:
- Make your bio interesting
- Add humour
- Be original
- Highlight your achievements
- Use first person narration
- Keep it short and simple
Here is my old bio:
Hi There! I’m Lindsay, a blogger, author, mom, wife and pizza lover originally from Cape Town, now residing in Nairobi, Kenya. Join me as I learn more about myself and show you how to love life daily!
Here’s my new bio:
Hi there! I’m Lindsay, a passionate self-published author of 29 books, self-taught illustrator, wife and mom living in Nairobi. When I’m not working you’ll find me eating pizza, binging on reality TV, Pinning, crafting or baking. Join me as I learn more about myself and show you how to love life daily!
Do you have a Gravatar profile? What did you include in your bio? Do you have any additional tips to share? Let me know by commenting below!
Love and Blessings,
Feel free to follow me on social media:
Visit my Amazon Author Page and support me by buying a book or two or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.