Choosing a font for your blog or website might be a daunting task if you have no experience in design. So I’m here to help with the fontamentals so you can choose the best one for your blog.
So what’s the point of a font?
The object of a font is to be read. So the font you choose should be as legible as possible.
Types of fonts:
There are many different types of fonts that belong to different font families. These font families include:
What are the most popular fonts for blogs?
Times New Roman
Tips on choosing fonts:
- Use sans serif fonts for long pieces of text
- Use bigger font sizes
- Go bold to grab attention
- Avoid Italics if possible, because they are difficult to read
- AVOID WRITING IN ALL CAPS
- Allow your font to breathe by allowing enough white space between the lines.
- Be consistent in your font choices
Which fonts do I use on my blog?
Where can you get free fonts for your blog?
That’s all the tips I have for now. I hope I’ve helped you discover more about fonts and choosing the right font for your blog. Which fonts do you use for your blog? Which types of fonts are your favourite? Which font combinations are your favourites? Let me know by commenting below!
Love and Blessings,