I love how each blog has its own identity and personality that often reflects the blogger behind it. There are some essentials that these blogs have in common. These essentials make for a better user experience and lead to more readers over all.
The essentials are as follows:
- An about me page
- A contact page – so your readers and possible clients/brands can get a hold of you.
- An uncluttered menu – Only list the essentials on your menu. Leave the rest to your sidebar.
- Good quality images – visuals matter to your reader so use the best quality images that you’ve taken or find some on stock sites.
- No more than 3 legible fonts – multiple mismatched fonts create confusion for your reader and make your blog look untidy and unprofessional. Take the less is more approach to fonts.
- Search bar – A search bar is essential for the reader to find a specific post or topic on your blog.
- Social media buttons or links – Help your reader contact you on other platforms and keep in touch with what you are up to.
- Categories – Keep your blog and posts organised into easily understandable categories.
- Latest posts – Help your reader find what’s new on your blog.
- Most popular posts – Motivates your reader to view more posts on your blog.
- Enabled comments – Let your reader share their opinion with you by enabling comments on your post. Just replying and commenting on posts have skyrocketed my follower count in the past.
- Enabled sharing of blog posts on social media – Allow your reader to share your posts with their friends and family thus broadening your network.
Are there any essentials I’m missing out on? Do you have all these essentials on your blog? What do you have to work on? Let me know by commenting below!
Love and Blessings,